About RCI, Inc.
RCI, Incorporated is an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing and building envelope systems.
Since 1983 RCI members have offered unbiased design, repair planning, quality observance, legal testimony, and general roof management services. In March of 2006, RCI (formerly Roof Consultants Institute) expanded its mission and service scope to include waterproofing and the building envelope. This action reflects the understanding that roofing issues often influence the entire building envelope. It was discovered that in increasing frequency, RCI members are called upon to address building-wide concerns from below-grade to rooftop.
The Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC), Registered Building Envelope Consultant (RBEC), Registered Roof Observer (RRO), and Registered Exterior Wall Observer (REWO) programs distinguish professionals with the proven standards of education, experience and ethics.
Chapter President's Message
As the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of RCI, Inc. we are the local association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in roofing and waterproofing/building envelope systems. Our membership also includes material manufacturers and vendors; facility and property management, engineering, and maintenance staff; and installing contractors. Our focus is on all building envelope components and the entire system integrity and performance from design to construction and throughout the entire useful life of a building. Our professional membership provides unbiased inspection, repair planning, design, quality observance, legal testimony and general waterproofing/building envelope/facade and roof management services. There are no more meaningful designations than RRC (Registered Roof Consultant), RWC (Registered Waterproofing Consultant), and Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC) for the design of roof and building envelope waterproofing systems and components.
We appreciate your interest in visiting our website, whether you are an industry professional or end user and hope you find what you need, some items of interest include:
- Educational Opportunities – For educational seminars, including local professional development and Lunch & Learn chapter meetings, check our Home and Events pages and see Professional Development below.
- Professional Development – These programs have earned an industry-wide reputation for presenting top-quality, comprehensive education. Roof consultants, facility managers, contractors, architects, engineers, roofing material salespeople, property managers and others can gain new insight and professional development in the continually evolving world of roofing, waterproofing and exterior wall technology. Check our local Events page, and click here for the RCI, Inc. events calendar.
- Roofing/Waterproofing/Exterior Wall Consulting Service Providers – For a list of RCI members and RCI-registered consultants across the country, please click here. You can limit your search in a variety of ways including geographically. Note that geographic searches are by service provider location and not for service areas. Most service provider’s area of service is far wider than their immediate location.
- Mid-Atlantic RCI Chapter Meetings – See our schedule for our chapter meetings and educational seminars on our Events page.
Dan Mathews - 2018 President, Mid-Atlantic Chapter of RCI, Inc.
The mission of RCI, Inc. is to ensure the credibility of the roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope consulting professions.
- To represent the interests and values of the current and future membership
- To provide for the professional development of our current and future members
- To convey RCI’s perspective to the public and to the roofing, waterproofing and building envelope industries
- To support professionalism, ethical behavior, education, career opportunities and research in the roofing, waterproofing, building envelope, and related industries
RCI, Inc. regularly hosts education programs designed to promote and explain the practical applicaton of roofing technology and sound building envelope theory. RCI Inc. publishes a monthly journal and newsletter, and sponsors regional events that provide forums where information is shared and netwroking occurs and RCI offers industry recognized professional certification, including those for Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC), and Registered Roof Observer (RRO) programs distinguish professionals with the proven standards of education, experience and ethics.
Click here to view the RCI, Inc. events calendar.
Click here to view the RCI Mid-Atlantic Chapter events calendar.
September 27, 2018
9th Annual RCI Mid-Atlantic Chapter Barbecue and Crab Feast Social
November 6, 2018
Rooftop Quality Assurance hosted by RCI Mid-Atlantic
November 16-17, 2018
2018 RCI, Inc. Building Envelope Technology Symposium
View our complete Events Calendar for more information.
Blue Ridge Branch
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of RCI, Inc. is proud to include the Blue Ridge Branch, formed in 2016 to better serve the consulting and construction industry of southern Virginia. Those interested in participating in the branch should contact Branch Liason, Derek Cundiff:
Join the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of RCI, Inc.
To receive RCI mailers and email - please send your contact information to email@example.com.
To join the chapter - join RCI, Inc. Membership in the national organization provides not only all the benefits, magazine and information received by a member but also enrolls you in the local chapter where you live. There are no other fees - we simply hope you will join us to promote education and professionalism in our industry.
Join RCI, Inc. or Renew Your Dues Online
Click here to join.
Click here to view the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of RCI, Inc. Bylaws.
RCI, Inc. Code of Ethics
Click here to view the RCI, Inc. Code of Ethics.
Click here for links to industry information.