RCI, Inc. becomes the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC) - On April 1, 2019, RCI, Inc., a nonprofit association originally incorporated in 1983 as the Roof Consultants Institute (RCI), officially became the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC). The change, approved by its membership after extensive study, brand assessment, and industrywide feedback, will align the association’s name and brand with its purpose and strategy heading into the future.
IIBEC has grown from a small core of dedicated roof consultants to represent some 3600 members, comprised of building enclosure consultants and other industry stakeholders specializing in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall specification and design. This membership growth and evolution reflect the understanding that roofing issues often influence the entire building enclosure. It was discovered that in increasing frequency, IIBEC members are called upon to address building-wide concerns from below-grade to rooftop.
IIBEC's Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC), Registered Building Envelope Consultant (RBEC), Registered Roof Observer (RRO), and Registered Exterior Wall Observer (REWO) programs distinguish professionals with the proven standards of education, experience and ethics.
Chapter President's Message
As the IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter we are the local association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior building enclosure systems. Our membership also includes material manufacturers and vendors; facility and property management, engineering, and maintenance staff; and installing contractors. Our focus is on all building enclosure components and the entire system integrity and performance from design to construction and throughout the entire useful life of a building. Our professional membership provides unbiased inspection, repair planning, design, quality observance, legal testimony and general waterproofing/building enclosure/facade and roof management services. There are no more meaningful designations than RRC (Registered Roof Consultant), RWC (Registered Waterproofing Consultant), and Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC) for the design of roof and building enclosure waterproofing systems and components.
We appreciate your interest in visiting our website, whether you are an industry professional or end user and hope you find what you need, some items of interest include:
- Educational Opportunities – For educational seminars, including local professional development and Lunch & Learn chapter meetings, check our Home and Events pages and see Professional Development below.
- Professional Development – These programs have earned an industry-wide reputation for presenting top-quality, comprehensive education. Roof consultants, facility managers, contractors, architects, engineers, roofing material salespeople, property managers and others can gain new insight and professional development in the continually evolving world of roofing, waterproofing and exterior wall technology. Check our local Events page, and click here for the IIBEC events calendar.
- Roofing/Waterproofing/Exterior Wall Consulting Service Providers – For a list of IIBEC members and IIBEC-registered consultants across the country, please click here. You can limit your search in a variety of ways including geographically. Note that geographic searches are by service provider location and not for service areas. Most service provider’s area of service is far wider than their immediate location.
- IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter Meetings – See our schedule for our chapter meetings and educational seminars on our Events page.
Mike Hebert - 2019 President, IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter
The mission of IIBEC is to ensure the credibility of the roofing, waterproofing, and building enclosure consulting professions.
- To represent the interests and values of the current and future membership
- To provide for the professional development of our current and future members
- To convey IIBEC’s perspective to the public and to the roofing, waterproofing and exterior building enclosure industries
- To support professionalism, ethical behavior, education, career opportunities and research in the roofing, waterproofing, exterior building enclosure, and related industries
IIBEC regularly hosts education programs designed to promote and explain the practical applicaton of roofing technology and sound building enclosure theory. IIBEC publishes a monthly journal and newsletter, and sponsors regional events that provide forums where information is shared and netwroking occurs and IIBEC offers industry recognized professional certification, including those for Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC), and Registered Roof Observer (RRO) programs distinguish professionals with the proven standards of education, experience and ethics.
Click here to view the IIBEC events calendar.
Click here to view the IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter events calendar.
March 3, 2020
IIBEC Mid-Alantic Chapter Education Seminar
March 26-31, 2020
2020 IIBEC International Convention & Trade Show
June 11, 2020
18th Annual RCI Mid Atlantic Chapter Golf Outing
View our complete Events Calendar for more information.
new Virginia Chapter (formerly Blue Ridge Branch)
The IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter is proud to announce that the former Blue Ridge Branch of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter has formally become the IIBEC Virginia Chapter to better serve the consulting and construction industry of central and southern Virginia. Those interested in participating in the branch should contact Virginia Chapter President, Derek Cundiff:
Join the IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter
To receive IIBEC mailers and email - please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join the chapter - join IIBEC. Membership in the national organization provides not only all the benefits, magazine and information received by a member but also enrolls you in the local chapter where you live. There are no other fees - we simply hope you will join us to promote education and professionalism in our industry.
Join IIBEC or Renew Your Dues Online
Click here to join.
Click here to view the IIBEC Mid-Atlantic Chapter Bylaws.
IIBEC. Code of Ethics
Click here to view the IIBEC Code of Ethics.
Click here for links to industry information.